Monday 7 March 2011

Very happily relaxed

Dearest

I am in fact so relaxed I have turned into a floppy rag doll. Having spent the weekend in York, retreading old ground, discovering massive yet tiny changes, realising it has been 2 and a half years since I was last there, I was left genuinely happy, even if it was too short a trip. And I have given my first dress fitting, though admittedly it did  just turn into an opportunity to grope the warrior princesses breast. My excuse was I was adjusting pleats, but she knows she has marvelous breasts. I am pleasantly surprised by the shape of it so far.... the dress that is, not the breast (I wasn't surprised at the shape of the bosoms at all, being as I have 2 of my own). I think it shall indeed be a beautiful dress. Though I have actually lost sleep trying to figure out how I am now going to attach the lining, and in fact sew the whole damn thing together.

I also got to meet up with Jiffy, which was fun indeed, for the sheer inanity of our conversation, despite the fact we haven't been in the same room as each other for 2 years. And he still has to send me the writing he has been threatening to send for the past 4 years! I'm sure I shall find out eventually whether he is a good writer or not. Hopefully before I'm so old I lose my sight.

I forgot how it felt just to be around people your own age, with similar interests, and just talk about everything and nothing. No pressure to be moving somewhere or doing something, and no need to worry that a pause in conversation is because the other person is just generally not interested in anything you have to say. It seems like its been so long since I've done that, but I slip back into the habit like I was slipping into bed. Everything felt comfortable, snuggly and safe. And freedom! Oh my gosh, to not feel like I am intruding in someone else's private space and that they would rather be rid of me is so freeing. It is fairly tragic that I feel less of an intruder in a friend's house (even if the Boy was once disturbed by my existence) than in the house I grew up in. Nice one dad, thanks for showing your love to your daughter with the incessant "clear off" "jokes".

But it is late(ish), and I am now rambling, and bordering on ranting, so I shall bid adieu.

All my love


1 comment:

Gemma said...

Hello my beautiful one,

I am very glad you had a nice time up North. I must say we've all very much missed you and it was a delight to see you. Please do not leave it over two years before coming back to us again!

I'm glad that you could relax and could get some time to be you. You never know - soon you could be living and working somewhere funky and new and have you're own (well, including housemates probable) space. That would be rather cool.
Love always xxxx