Monday 16 August 2010

Ice Queens and Little princesses

Dearest,
Little ones are so cute... sometimes.
My day in Sheffield with my aunt went far better than expected. Mostly because we spoke very little to each other and I got hijacked by 2 gorgeous children. or did I hijack the kids, hmm, it may have been a mutually beneficial arrangement between me, a 4 year old and a 2 year old. We went to visit my Aunt's old Au Pair, and very lovely half french woman, with 3 beautiful children (one a fairly new born, so I stayed clear, since babies only tend to like me as something to vomit on). But the two older children, 4 and 2 and both girls were all mine all afternoon. I figured, since they were quite loud and kept interrupting my aunt's conversations, in fact every one's conversations, I'd see if I could keep them entertained in the afternoon. Which worked a treat. I got plenty of grown up conversation in the morning then in the afternoon I got to play. And kept everyone entertained in the process. I should've told them I usually charge £6 an hour for that sort of thing, though they already knew I worked with children.

So that was how my day went. It seemed very short, but it turns out I spent a good few hours being used as a climbing frame, then giving art lessons, in between being a butterfly and flying around a garden. We even found a shieldbug. And I got fed a rather lovely vegetable risotto.

Though, oh my word, my Aunt's driving could leave a lesser person pale. The women has no concept of lane discipline. I had to grit my teeth and brace myself going around roundabouts, because after the first few times I knew she would be constantly changing lane getting onto the damn things and cutting up the poor folks behind. We didn't get beeped though, so hopefully that means nothing went too badly. Dad said when I'd gotten back "there was a big crash on the A38" to which I had to respond instantly "well, it wasn't our fault". It may have been a near thing at points, but we can take no credit for any RTAs today.

All I can hope for is that this weather holds out until the end of Wednesday, when we do an Art in the Garden day at work.

All my Love

No comments: